You are encouraged to use the Information that is available under this licence with only a few conditions.
Using Information under this licence
- Use of any Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
- The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
- Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
You must, where you do any of the above:
- Acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider(s) or its Suppliers(s) and, where possible, provide a link to this licence.
- If the Information Provider does not provide a specific attribution statement, or if you are using Information from several Information Providers and multiple attributions are not practical for your product or application, you must use the following attribution statement:
Contains information licensed under the Open Data Areas Alberta Data Licence.
- The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically.
- This licence does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal Information;
- Information or Records that are not accessible under applicable laws;
- third party rights the Information Provider is not authorized to license;
- the names, logos, trade-marks or other official symbols of the Information Provider; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
- This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information.
- The Information is licensed “as is”, and the Information Provider and its Suppliers exclude all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Information Provider and its Suppliers are not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage. The total liability of the Information Provider and its Suppliers for any claims under these terms is limited to the amount paid to the Information Provider to use the Information.
- This licence is governed by the laws of the province of Alberta and the applicable laws of Canada.
- Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of Alberta.
- This license shall terminate on thirty (30) days’ notice by the Information Provider for breach of it by You and on termination, You shall immediately return all Information without retaining any copies.
- In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- means information resources or Records protected by copyright or other information or Records that are offered for use under the terms of this licence.
- Information Provider
- means Alberta Data Partnerships Ltd.
- Personal Information
- means “personal information” as defined in section 1(n)
of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Alberta).
- means the supplier of Information to the Information Provider.
- means “record” as defined in section 1(q) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Alberta), and “Records” means more than one Record.
- means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
This is version 1.0 of the Open Data Areas Alberta Data Licence. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the Information.